Back in August, at BlogHer, I was thrilled to take part in a blogger brunch, hosted by Loews Hotels. Although we don’t have a Loews here in Boston, I’m familiar with the chain, as I’d stayed at their Loews Le Concorde Hotel in Quebec City (highly recommended, by the way). I was impressed with how Loews works hard to make families feel comfortable in their hotels, and also their Good Neighbor policy, celebrating its Twentieth Anniversary this fall.
To celebrate, Loews Hotels across the country are hosting events where families can learn more about healthy lunchbox packing, while also participating in fundraising for local community schools with Loews’ newest partner, DonorsChoose.org.
The events start October 24rd at the Loews Regency Hotel in New York City, and end on December 11th at the Loews Annapolis Hotel. They will include demonstrations, hands-on lunch preparation stations, and kids’ activities. Each of the participants will receive a Loews Loves Kids lunch bag which includes an organic lunch tote, coupons for a berry smoothie at Loews Hotels, Silly Bands shaped like fruit, crayons, and a $20 donation card to DonorsChoose.org.
Here’s a listing of the upcoming events:
- Loews Regency Hotel (New York, NY) – October 24, 2010
- Loews Miami Beach Hotel (Miami Beach, FL) – October 30, 2010
- Loews Lake Las Vegas (Henderson, NV) – November 6, 2010
- Loews Portofino Bay Hotel (Orlando, FL) – November 7, 2010
- Loews New Orleans Hotel (New Orleans, LA) – November 12, 2010
- Loews Atlanta (Atlanta, GA) – November 13, 2010
- Loews Coronado Bay (Coronado, CA) – November 13, 2010
- Loews Philadelphia Hotel (Philadelphia, PA) – November 13, 2010
- Loews Ventana Canyon (Tucson, Arizona) – November 13, 2010
- The Don Cesar, a Loews Hotel (St. Pete Beach, FL) – November 14, 2010
- Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel (Santa Monica, CA) – November 21, 2010
- Loews Vanderbilt Hotel (Nashville, TN) – November 28, 2010
- Loews Annapolis Hotel (Annapolis, MD) – December 11, 2010
Photo credit: Loews Hotels