The world-famous National Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington, DC is an event that not only celebrates springtime, but also the 1912 gift of cherry blossom trees from Japan. This year, the festival is taking place from March 27th through April 11th. Are you planning a trip to Washington, DC for the festival? If so, consider the Cherry Blossom Getaway at the Liaison Capital Hill Affinia Hotel in Washington, DC.
The package, which starts at $199, includes the following:
- A commemorative cherry blossom branch so you won’t have to break the law to obtain your own take-home souvenir (it’s illegal to pick blossoms off the trees)
- A take-along bag full of delectable treats from Art and Soul to savor while enjoying the beautiful views at the Tidal Basin
- A box of handmade cherry blossom-inspired chocolates from Artisan Confections
- Two all-day Metro passes for easy mobility
- Guests who register with myaffinia.com can also “customize” their room with their travel preferences (such as pillow type, and other amenities)
This package is based upon availability and is offered from March 26th to April 30th.
The Liaison Capital Hill offers 343 recently renovated hotel rooms with signature Affinia beds, flat screen TVs, high-speed internet access and more. The hotel has a seasonal rooftop pool, along with a signature restaurant – Art and Soul from celebrity chef and two-time James Beard award winner, Art Smith.
The Liaison Capitol Hill
415 New Jersey Avenue, NW
Photo credit: Liaison Capital Hill