Design Hotels has a ‘World Cup Rate’ promo going that promises to double both the pain and glory of victory and defeat in the FIFA World Cup in South Africa.
The concept is simple – Book now at one of 26 participating Design hotels in 10 countries whose teams are playing in the world cup, and you start off with a 10% discount on the best available rate.
If you book after your team moves ahead one round in the world cup, your discount grows by 10%.The rate schedule:-
Round 32 – 10% off (11 June – 25 June)
Round 16 – 20% off (26 June – 1 July)
Quarter Finals – 30% off (2 July – 5 July)
Semi Finals – 40% off (6 July – 10 July)
Final – 50% off (11 July – 13 July)
Oh, and if your team gets kicked out, the discount will no longer be available for that nation’s participating hotels. So if you’re thinking of taking a vacation in Germany, you have to decide how long to wait.
If you bet that the German team will make it to the final and wait for July 11 to book a hotel, and then Germany gets kicked out in the semis, the only taste of Germany you’ll get will be in a Bavarian pub in your own ‘hood, where you’ll be drowning Germany’s loss and your zero percent discount.
Full list of participating hotels:-
1. Brazil - Hotel Unique, São Paulo
2. England – Town Hall Hotel & Apartments, London
3. France - Bel Ami, Paris
4. Germany - Lux 11, Berlin; COSMO Hotel Berlin Mitte; 25 Hours Hotel Frankfurt by Levi’s, Frankfurt; SIDE, Hamburg
5. Greece - Semiramis, Athens
6. Italy – Leon’s Place, Rome; Romeo Hotel, Naples; Maison Moschino, Milan; Straf, Milan
7. Mexico - Hotel Habita, Mexico City; Condesa DF, Mexico ; Habita Monterrey, San Pedro Garza Garcia; Distrito Capital, Mexico City; La Purificadora, Puebla; Basico, Playa del Carmen; Deseo, Playa del Carmen; Boca Chica, Acapulco
8. Portugal – The Vine, Funchal; Fontana Park Hotel, Lisbon; Hotel Teatro, Porto, Portugal
9. Spain - Hotel Miro, Bilbao; Hotel Omm, Barcelona
10. Switzerland – Widder Hotel, Zurich