Cambria Suites, the all-suites brand from Choice Hotels, recently conducted a survey which shows that there is very little hotel guests won’t do to get a suite upgrade.
Lying about being on a honeymoon and sweet-talking front-desk staff were at the top of a list of sneaky methods used by guests to con a hotel into giving them a suite upgrade.
Some were even willing to cut other travel expenses in order to upgrade to a suite. If they got an upgrade:-
- 46% said travel would be less stressful
- 23% said they’d feel like they died and went to heaven
- 20% would never want to leave their hotel suite
Of course travel would be less stressful and you’d never want to leave a suite in a nice romantic hotel, especially if said suite was ‘acquired’ in a free upgrade.
And once they get their wish and got inside the suite, the same survey also found that the top 10 amenities that guests expect in the suite are
- microwave, refrigerator and brand name coffees and teas (79%)
- free high speed wired and wireless Internet (78%)
- luxury bed and linens (73%)
- spacious bathroom with brand name toiletries (69%)
- 24-hour availability of food and beverage (61%)
- separate bedroom and sitting area (58%)
- two flat-screen LCD televisions (56%)
- larger than standard-size guestroom (54%)
- DVD/CD player and MediaHub technology (47%)
- separate workspace with movable desk and ergonomic chair (41%)
Source: Choice Hotels; Photos courtesy Cambria Suites Indianapolis Airport