This featured post is brought to you by UpTake’s Orlando Local Getaway Crew facebook page, a great resource for insider tips on things to do, places to eat and places to stay in Central Florida. Stop by and give them a thumbs up to start sharing local tips!
When I head to a new place, I usually spend as little money as possible on a hotel. My reasoning is that I don’t travel to see new hotels, but to experience new places and a hotel in a far away city is nothing more than a place to rest my head and store my clothes between sightseeing adventures.
But when I want to relax, I love to head to a nearby hotel and stay put. I enjoy a comfortable bed that I don’t have to make, a swimming pool that doesn’t raise my property taxes, and laundry that can be shoved in a suitcase and forgotten about for a few days.
If you want to escape real life for a few days, either alone, as a family, or with a significant other, you can’t go wrong with these Orlando hotels.
5 Orlando Hotels For A Weekend Getaway
- Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek - the first time I stayed at this hotel it was because of the location; I was going to EPCOT for my anniversary. I’m dying to go back to enjoy the beds (Hilton properties have THE. BEST. BEDS.) and the amazing pools.
- Gaylord Palms Resort - talk about a property you could spend the weekend at. Shop, eat, meander through the expansive courtyard, watch the alligators. This hotel truly is a destination all on its own.
- Coco Key Hotel & Water Resort - NOT a hotel for relaxing at the spa, but a perfect place for a mini-family getaway. Water slides, adult pool, game room, and a Pizza Hut onsite.
- Universal’s Royal Pacific Resort – a Loews hotel in the Universal Resort, this is great if you’re visiting the amusement parks, but also a high end resort perfect for a romantic weekend. They also have a kids club onsite in case you want to take a family weekend but also get a little one on one time with your co-parental-unit.
- The Peabody Orlando - this massive hotel has just finished up a major renovation and expansion project and now boasts a luxury spa, fitness center and THREE pools. They also have several restaurants to choose from, a night club, and the famous twice-daily duck walk.
Do you have a favorite Orlando hotel for a relaxing weekend getaway? Share your recommendation on the UpTake Orlando – Local Getaway Crew page!
Photo by Britt Reints