Harth at the Hilton McLean Tyson's Corner
Are you planning to visit the Washington, DC area this wintertime? If you are a foodie, the Hilton McLean Tysons Corner has a great hotel package for you! The Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, along with their on-site restaurant Harth, is offering two cooking packages for two this winter/spring. Packages are running on January 14, February 11, and March 17, and they include the following:
- A two-hour cooking class for two with Harth Executive Chef Thomas Elder with the following themes for each weekend – January 14 – Holiday Leftovers; February 11 – Romantic Meals for Two; March 17 – St. Patrick Day Treats
- Lesson from Harth’s in-house mixologist Andrew Pecoraro
- A copy of From our Harth, to Your Home
- A bottle of Moët Gold to enjoy during your meal
- free valet parking at the hotel during your stay
- Overnight accommodations in a redesigned guest room at the Hilton McLean Tysons Corner
Packages start at $259, and include a one night stay. If you are local to the Hilton McLean Tysons Corner and still want to do the package without the overnight stay, there’s a no-room option available too.
Hilton McLean Tysons Corner
7920 Jones Branch Drive
McLean, Virginia 22102
Photo credit: Hilton McLean Tysons Corner
Hyatt Regency Bellevue
As a city, Seattle manages to balance perfectly between cutting edge and perfectly grounded. Home to some of the world’s most successful tech companies and a thriving organic food industry, the seaside metropolis pulls off both style and substance beneath a seemingly constant drizzle of rain.
While not technically in Seattle proper, the Hyatt Regency Bellevue is a perfect reflection of the city’s functional sleekness. The front lobby features floor to ceiling glass as well as babbling water features and greenery. The Twisted Cork, one of the hotel’s restaurants on the main floor, easily flips from hip nightclub in the evening to spacious dining room for breakfast in the morning. The staff is friendly, accommodating, and just as quick and efficient as you’d expect from a property that likely sees a lot of business travelers.
The Hyatt Regency Bellevue is a short drive from the Nintendo Americas Headquarters (where I was visiting), as well as Microsoft offices and other East Seattle corporations. It’s also within walking distance from restaurants, shopping and relaxed nightlife, a convenience often missing from airport hotels and other locations catering to conference crowds.
I stayed in a king room during my visit and found the bed comfortable, the bathroom plenty large enough, and the room itself spacious enough to accommodate working, relaxing, and unpacking. I would request a better view since I’ve learned that some of my fellow travelers were able to see the mountains from their rooms, whereas I was greeted each morning by office buildings.
If you’re visiting Seattle, the Hyatt Regency Bellevue’s out-of-the-way location wouldn’t be convenient. However, if you’re in town doing business in Bellevue, you can book a stay at the Hyatt with confidence.
Photo courtesy of Hyatt Hotels
The Exterior of the Mayflower Renaissance Hotel
The historic Mayflower Renaissance Hotel in Washington DC is celebrating their 85th anniversary this year, and visitors to the hotel are the ones getting a gift – a special promotional rate of $185 per night (excluding taxes) available through February 2011.
The Mayflower Renaissance Hotel 85th Anniversary package includes the following:
• Accommodations in a deluxe room
• Breakfast for two in the on-site Cafe Promenade
• Bottle of Iron Horse Vineyards, customized signature Mayflower Renaissance 85th Anniversary Sparkling Wine
• Collection of fifteen Historic Mayflower postcards
To book the 85th anniversary package, use the code YX1 in the Corporate/Promotional code box when making your reservation online, or call 1-800-228-9290 and ask for promotional code YX1. This package is valid Friday-Sunday through 2/2/11. Tax is excluded, and a limited number of rooms are available under this promotion. Blackout dates do apply, and it’s not valid for large groups.
The Mayflower Renaissance Hotel is located on Connecticut Avenue in Washington, DC. It’s a four diamond hotel, and is a member of the Historic Hotels of America. Amenities include high-speed internet access, turndown service, a full-service business center, and fitness center. This 583 room hotel offers 74 suites and 26 meeting rooms, and has three restaurants/lounges on site.
The Mayflower Renaissance Washington, DC Hotel
1127 Connecticut Avenue NW Washington
District Of Columbia 20036
Photo credit: The Mayflower Renaissance Washington, DC Hotel
Art and Soul Restaurant at the Liaison Capital Hill
The world-famous National Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington, DC is an event that not only celebrates springtime, but also the 1912 gift of cherry blossom trees from Japan. This year, the festival is taking place from March 27th through April 11th. Are you planning a trip to Washington, DC for the festival? If so, consider the Cherry Blossom Getaway at the Liaison Capital Hill Affinia Hotel in Washington, DC.
The package, which starts at $199, includes the following:
- A commemorative cherry blossom branch so you won’t have to break the law to obtain your own take-home souvenir (it’s illegal to pick blossoms off the trees)
- A take-along bag full of delectable treats from Art and Soul to savor while enjoying the beautiful views at the Tidal Basin
- A box of handmade cherry blossom-inspired chocolates from Artisan Confections
- Two all-day Metro passes for easy mobility
- Guests who register with myaffinia.com can also “customize” their room with their travel preferences (such as pillow type, and other amenities)
This package is based upon availability and is offered from March 26th to April 30th.
The Liaison Capital Hill offers 343 recently renovated hotel rooms with signature Affinia beds, flat screen TVs, high-speed internet access and more. The hotel has a seasonal rooftop pool, along with a signature restaurant – Art and Soul from celebrity chef and two-time James Beard award winner, Art Smith.
The Liaison Capitol Hill
415 New Jersey Avenue, NW
Photo credit: Liaison Capital Hill