Those of us who live in the Bay Area love our pets. A lot. We have many hotels from all price ranges that allow you to bring your pet – or “child” for some – with you during your stay.
However, what about when you need to leave town and head to Boston or the Seattle-Tacoma area? What do you do with your dog or cat then, especially if you cannot bring them along? If you don’t have a pet sitter or trusted kid on the block, you are now in luck.
Wag Hotels has been receiving lots of high marks in San Francisco, Sacramento and Solano County since they opened. They offer doggie day care, obedience training, and grooming in addition to their luxury pet boarding. I stopped by their San Francisco location and they are worlds beyond a kennel [I dislike even writing that word].
This group of hotels is set up to provide your pet – their guest – with the best possible experience that they could have, given that you are not there.
Here are some highlights:
- All rooms are indoors.
- Choose from a variety of pet sitting rooms based on your pet’s size and the level of luxury.
- Playgroups are all indoors in a climate-controlled environment, with dogs grouped together according to size and temperament.
- All guests go to the bathroom at playgroups twice daily.
- Staff members are certified by the Pet Care Services Association [formerly known as the ABKA (American Boarding Kennel Association)]
- They serve at no additional charge, dry Iams or Nutro brand food, unless you prefer your own.
Wag Hotels welcome all breeds – yay for German Shepherds and Huskys! They also offer lots of A La Carte Services – prices start at $25 a night for a 2 Story Condo, and Private Bathroom for your kitty and $38 for a comfortable bed, meals up to 3 times per day (incl. medicine), Playgroups and Classical Music for your smaller size pooch.